January 30 — Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Illinois today announced an exciting new addition to its 2018 schedule: the June 29-July 1 Summer Superbucks Spectacular at its NHRA-sanctioned Dragplex. The high-dollar drag meet offers entrants the possibility of winning $30,000 in the Superbucks Box Bracket category on June 30 or July 1.
The Superbucks Box Bracket class will pay a minimum of $10,000 to win on June 30 and July 1. If more than 151 cars are entered in the first round of eliminations, the winner’s purse jumps to $20,000. If more than 201 cars participate in the first round of eliminations, the winner will take home $30,000.
The weekend is packed with lucrative Box and No-Box bracket drag racing action, including:
Friday Night Tune-up — $3,000 to win, $500 for runner-up, $200 for semi, $100 for quarters. Entry fee is $100 and buy-backs are $40 (first round only). Test ‘n’ Tune-only is $50. (Test ‘n’ Tune is free with purchase of a Friday night entry.)
Saturday Night 64-Car Shootout — $10,000 to win, $1,500 for runner-up, $500 for semi, $250 for quarters. Entry fee is $250, with no buy-backs. Entry is limited to 64 cars.
Saturday Night 32-Car No-Box High Roller — $2,500 to win, $500 for runner-up, $150 for semi, $75 for quarters. Entry fee is $150, with no buy-backs. Entry is limited to 32 cars.
Saturday and Sunday No-Box Bracket — $2,500 to win, $600 for runner-up, $250 for semi, $100 for quarters. Entry fee is $100 for single-day, $175 for two-day. First or second-round buy-backs are $50.
Saturday and Sunday Superbucks (Box Bracket)
To win: $10,000; $20,000 (if more than 151 cars are entered in the first round of eliminations); $30,000 (if more than 201 cars are entered in the first round of eliminations).
Runner-up: $2,000; $2,500 (if more than 151 cars are entered in the first round of eliminations); $3,000 (if more than 201 cars are entered in the first round of eliminations).
Semi: $600; $600 (if more than 151 cars are entered in the first round of eliminations); $1,000 (if more than 201 cars are entered in the first round of eliminations).
Quarters: $300; $300 (if more than 151 cars are entered in the first round of eliminations); $400 (if more than 201 cars are entered in the first round of eliminations).
Eighths: $150; $150 (if more than 151 cars are entered in the first round of eliminations); $200 (if more than 201 cars are entered in the first round of eliminations).
Buy-backs: $100 (first or second round).
Single-day entry fee: $225.
Weekend entry fee (pre-entry — save $75): $325 (entry for Saturday and Sunday Superbucks).
Weekend entry fee (at the gate): $400.
Friday, June 29
8 a.m. — Gates open.
2 p.m. — Test ‘n’ Tune.
5 p.m. — Friday Night Tune-up.
Saturday, June 30
7 a.m. — Gates open.
9 a.m. — Time trial.
Eliminations to follow time trial. Shootout race after finals (approx. 6 p.m.).
Sunday, July 1
7 a.m. — Gates open.
8 a.m. — Chapel service.
9 .m. — Time trial. Eliminations follow time trials.
Entry fees and admission:
Three-day crew pass: $50.
Two-day crew pass: $35.
Sunday-only crew pass: $20.
Kids weekend pass: $15 (ages 6-12).
Pre-entry and Shootout registration opens February 21. Please phone Taryn Bailey at (618) 215-8888 ext. 101 to pre-register.
Rules of event:
- Double entries allowed in any form.
- Credit cards accepted for race entries (with 3% service charge).
- All racing is 1/8-mile.
- Compulink AutoStart, CrossTalk and TrueStart will be used.
- Friday purse is based on a minimum of 40 cars. Box and No-Box will be kept separate as long as possible.
- All fields will be laddered at 16 or fewer cars based on closest to dial from previous round.
- Box purse on Saturday and Sunday is based on 100 cars in first round of eliminations. Purse will be prorated for less than 40 cars on Friday and 100 on Saturday or Sunday. Minimum field required for eighths (1/8s).
- No-Box purse Saturday and Sunday based on 70 cars.
- Saturday shootout is based on a full field of 64 cars for Box and 32 for No-Box.
- First-round bye is a random draw. Every other bye is based on previous round reaction time on winning run. Bye does not carry over.
- Dragsters and door cars will run separately for the first four rounds when possible in Box.
- All Saturday shootout racers will receive one (1) time run. Time runs will begin between rounds of eliminations following the completion of Saturday’s eighth finals as drivers are eliminated.
- Schedule subject to change.
- A completed W-9 form will be required before winnings are released.
- No out-of-state checks will be accepted at the gate — cash or credit card only.
- Cash payment only for buy-backs.
- No gold cards may be used for entry or admission.
- Delay box must be removed in No-Box.
- No stutter boxes.
- Slew rate controls prohibited.
- Random tech will be conducted.
- If you break prior to eliminations you will be refunded entry minus weekend crew pass rate. There will be no Sunday refunds but you can transfer entry to another driver.
- Drivers earn money for last round won only.
- In the event of a rainout, purse will be split among remaining racers.
- All rules, regulations and scheduling are subject to change at the discretion of the race director.
For more information on Gateway Motorsports Park, please call (618) 215-8888. Follow GMP on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram.
About Gateway Motorsports Park
Gateway Motorsports Park is the home of INDYCAR, NASCAR and NHRA racing in the St. Louis region. Located just five minutes from downtown St. Louis and covering more than 340 acres, Gateway Motorsports Park is the largest outdoor entertainment facility in the area. Gateway Motorsports Park’s facilities include a 1/4-mile drag strip, 1.25-mile superspeedway, 1.6-mile road course, a state-of-the-art karting facility and a 14-acre, multi-purpose dirt off-road venue. Gateway Motorsports Park was the recipient of the 2017 Outstanding Facility of the Year Award from the Race Track Business Conference and the 2017 Spirit of St. Louis Award from St. Louis Attractions Association.