X-Treme Drag Racing League (X-DRL)
Get ready for some of the most action-packed and best side-by-side drag racing! Be sure to check out the all new, highly anticipated drag racing series, the X-treme Drag Racing League (XDRL), an eighth-mile sanctioning body debuting in 2013 – created by MPH Motorsports (Jeff Mitchell, David Hubbard and Larry Pearce). “The driving force behind the X-DRL was to create a high-quality association that will bring plenty of excitement,” Jeff Mitchell said. There is certainly plenty of that, as a great deal of anticipation surrounds the X-DRL as it heads into its inaugural season in 2013. MPH Motorsports is determined to offer an exceptional product and a premier racing league that becomes a destination for fans, teams and sponsors.The trio is filled with racing passion and each has an impressive background that adds considerable credibility to the X-DRL. Mitchell, a 25-year entrepreneur in the petroleum industry, operates domestic and international business on drilling and service in the oil and gas industry, while all three are multi-year drag racers.Mitchell is also a former track operator, while Hubbard has more than 20 years of experience in drag racing, from competing in touring Super Gas and more. Collectively, the group plans to make a strong impression on the drag racing scene with the X-DRL. Check out the X-DRL 2013 schedule
- PRO X-TREME: No engine limitations help make this the quickest and fastest doorslammer class in the world!
- PRO NITROUS: It’s all about the nitrous oxide, as nitrous feeds these nearly 900-inch cubic inch engines for jumbo horsepower!
- X-TREME PRO STOCK: The quickest and fastest naturally-aspirated passenger cars, and some of the closest side-by-side drag racing you will ever see!
- PRO TURBO: Only turbos here in this new and innovative class, and these turbocharged cars will provide plenty of power and excitement!
- X-TREME PRO MOD: This class has it all, as supercharged, nitrous and turbocharged cars all compete in this action-packed legal weight class!
- TOP DRAGSTER: Another new X-DRL class and this one promises to deliver plenty of fast times and thrilling action.
- TOP SPORTSMAN: The premier place for sportsman racing, where these drivers have it all: reaction times, dial-ins and killer ETs and speeds!
- PRO JUNIOR DRAGSTER: See the stars of tomorrow as these young men and women race battle it out with the best junior dragster racing in the world!
- SUPERCAR SHOWDOWN: This class is all about the factory standouts meeting up to decide which car is the biggest and baddest!
Friday, June 14
Gates Open: 1 p.m.
Qualifying Session #1: 3 p.m.
Qualifying Session #2: 5 p.m.
Qualifying Session #3: 8 p.m.
Saturday, June 15
Gates Open: 10 a.m.
Final Qualifying: 12 p.m.
R1 Eliminations: 3 p.m.
R2 Eliminations: 5 p.m.
R3 Eliminations: 6:30 p.m.
Finals: 7:30 p.m.
Reminder… like Gateway Motorsports Park on Facebook to get in on Friday for just $5.
Saturday is $40 per carload admission.