Revised Super Chevy Show Racer Handout & Event Schedule
Sunday, June 23, 2013 – Revised at 7:30 a.m.
Due to the unexpected rain storm that struck Gateway Motorsports Park at approximately 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, officials from the track are releasing the following revised schedule in an effort to complete the balance of Saturday’s event on Sunday morning before beginning the Sunday Super Chevy Show eliminators.
- Racer gates will open at 7 a.m. / Spectator gates will open at 8 a.m.
- Saturday’s two bonus races (the Box and No-Box events) will begin at approximately 8 a.m. Officials anticipate that these will be six round events and most of the rounds will be contested between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m. Any remaining rounds will be run between rounds of normal Super Chevy Bracket eliminations. No buybacks will be offered. Only racers who had previously purchased a Saturday Box Bonus Race and Saturday No-Box Bonus race entry will be eligible for this event. The ticket staff had already concluded entry sales and those sales will not re-open.
- We will NOT have a run for the money event today. We will offer a time trial run ONLY for people who are not in competition in the Saturday Box and No-Box races. If you compete in the Saturday Bracket 1/Box race or the Saturday Bracket 2/No Box race you are not eligible for the time trial.
- Mickey Thompson Tire Series Pro Mod and Real Street Drag Radial as well as Super Quick will receive one final qualifying attempt at approximately 11 a.m. to set their field.
- All of the official Super Chevy Competition categories (Bracket 1, Bracket 2, D.O.T., Corvette, Truck, True Street and Gen 5 Camaro) will be contested starting at approximately 12 p.m. following the National Anthem. Buybacks will not be offered.
- The schedule is extremely tentative and subject to change.
Projected Race Schedule
Saturday No-Box Bonus called to the lanes
Saturday No-Box Bonus Race Round 1
Saturday Box Bonus Race Round 1
Saturday No-Box Bonus Race Round 2
Saturday Box Bonus Race Round 2Truck Time Trial - for non-Saturday race participants only
Saturday No-Box Bonus Race Round 3
Saturday Box Bonus Race Round 3
Bracket 2 Time Trial for non-Saturday race participants only
Bracket 1 Time Trial for non-Saturday race participants only
Real Street Drag Radial Final Qualifying
- Continue rounds of Saturday Bonus Race eliminations-
Pro Mod Final Qualifying
Super Quick Final Qualifying
-continue rounds of Saturday Bonus Race eliminations-
Jet Car Run #1
Begin Sunday Eliminations
Run Order: D.O.T. , B1, B2, Corvette, Truck, Gen. 5 Challenge
Pro Mod – Drag Radial – Super Quick
Jet Car Run #2
Pro Mod-Drag Radial – Super Quick
Pro Mod – Drag Radial – Super Quick
Jet Car Final
Continue all eliminations until final round – Expected completion 7:30 p.m.
Projected Show Schedule
8:00 a.m. – Noon:
Car Show Registration
Spectator Gates Open
10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.:
Auto Cross on Road Course [Inside of Oval]
Car Show Judging Begins
Noon – 2:00 p.m.:
Revell Make N Take Model Building [Car Show Awards Area]
Car Show Awards – Class Awards
Participants Cruise the Oval Track & Photos
Once again, the Sunday morning time trials are ONLY for new arrivals and racers who did not participate in the Saturday elimination events for Bracket 2/No-Box and Bracket 1/Box. This insures that all racers will get one shot at the track before final Super Chevy eliminations begin at approximately 12:15 p.m.
Five and a half of the 9 hours scheduled for racing was completed which constitutes a full day of racing. The Saturday car show was completed as scheduled.
Schaeffer, Ratulowski, Davis, Abrams & Willis National Dragster Winners
290 entries pack Gateway Motorsports Park for special NHRA bracket event.
Madison, Illinois – Gateway Motorsports Park hosted it’s first NHRA specialty event for Jr. Dragster and E.T. Bracket racers for the 2013 season on Saturday, June 8 with the annual running of the National Dragster Challenge and Jr. Dragster Challenge. The event featured nine classes of racing for 290 entries who were on hand to win a special edition NHRA Wally award.
Class winners include; Rod Schaeffer of Trenton, Illinois in Super Pro, John Ratulowski of Highland, Illinois in Pro, Mike Davis of O’Fallon, Missouri in Sportsman, Mark Abrams of Bethalto, Illinois won Pro Motorcycle and Charles Willis, Jr. from Manchester, Missouri in Street Motorcycle. Matt Schaeffer of Trenton, Illinois joined his father Rod in victory lane by claiming the Box 1/8 mile bonus race. St. Charles, Missouri racer Lloyd Jennings won the non-electronic No Box 1/8 mile bonus.
The day began with the Jr. Dragster Challenge with Jacob Hunter from Springfield, Illinois winning the Lightning final over Leah Albietz. In Jr. Dragster Thunder Dylan Sutton of Moscow Mills, Missouri won over Allysia Vaultonburg.
The Gateway E.T. Bracket Championship resumes on Saturday, June 29 with point race #5 and Jr. Dragster point race #4. Gateway Motorsports Park will host the X-DRL Extreme Drag Racing League this Friday and Saturday (June 14 and 15) and the Super Chevy Show on June 22 and 23.